Segway Gibbon - Tour of Chiang Mai
|The old city of Chiang Mai is packed with interesting sites. While forming one large square, the city is filled with winding roads and intriguing alleyways that often make it difficult for visitors to see all of its hidden gems.|
By joining Segway Gibbon, visitors get the chance to see Chiang Mai’s best attractions without the hassle of walking or dealing with taxis. In addition to knowledgeable guides, a segway tour will give you a thorough understanding of the wonders in culture and history that you are witnessing.
What’s a Segway Gibbon Experience Like?
While the decision is up to your guide and the route may vary, the main sights you will see on your segway tour are:
- Three Kings Monument: Located in front of the Art and Cultural Center, this monument depicts the three kings who are said to have founded Chiang Mai.
- Wat Chiang Man: Built in 1297 CE, this temple was the first in this former town of the Lawa people.
- Thapae Gate: Once the main point of entry into the city by traders, diplomats and monks, this gate still serves as the center of the old town.
- Wat Chedi Luang: This temple was constructed in the 14th century but not finished until the 15th century when it was considered the largest building of Lanna.
- Wat Pan Tao: Famously constructed out of teak wood, this temple was built in the end of 14th century, making it one of the oldest in the city.
- Wat Phra Singh: This large Buddhist temple has gained importance for the Buddha statues it holds within, making it a vital focal point of restoration in the city.
Tour members will start off the day with their guide who will quickly teach them how to drive the segway and then give them an insider scoop on these famous Chiang Mai sites. The tour lasts for two hours and includes a complimentary snack and drink.
What Are The Tour Options?
- Regular Tour (1,999 Baht Per Person): Cruise the city for two hours with a guide and receive acomplimentary snack and drink.
- 1 Day Segway and Zip Line Tour (4,598 Per Person): Guests will have all of the benefits of the regular segway tour with an added trip to the Flight of The Gibbon zip lining course.
- 2 Day Segway, Zip Line and Home-stay tour (5,100): Complete a 2 hour segway tour and stay in a traditional house in the Mae Kampong Village and head to the jungle for a zip lining tour of the canopy.
Segway Gibbon tours can be booked either on their website or at their office which is located across from Thapae Gate at 29/4-5 Kachasarn Road. Their office can be reached by phone at +66 (0)846144004.