Chiang Mai X-Centre : Extreme Activities
Calling all adrenalin lovers! Chiang Mai has got something for you. While the city is known for its peaceful and tranquil atmosphere, there is still a place where adventure lovers can get their fix. At the X Center, there is something exciting available for any age. From paintballing and go-karts to bungee jumping and ATV, visitors can take their holiday just a little further with these exciting experiences.
What Can You Do at The X Center?
With so many adventure activities available, there is bound to be one that you haven’t tried. Take your pick from the following options:
- Bungy Jump: The Chiang Mai bungy jump allows visitors to view stunning countryside scenery while falling 50 meters in height. Established by a jump master from New Zealand, the facilities function with an excellence in safety. Jumps come with a certificate of completion as well as insurance and guests have the option to purchase a DVD of the event or a CD of photos. You can choose to jump solo or tandem with a friend and can opt to be dunked in the lake as part of the jump. Prices range from 2,000 Baht to 3,000 Baht depending on which package you choose.
- Off Road Buggies and ATV: As either a passenger or a driver, head into the jungle to off road on one of the many available adventure trails. Choose from options like the CFMOTO TERRACROS 625 EX or the 1000cc SUPERBUGGIES and receive a safety lesson as well as different options for difficultly levels.
- -1000cc SUPERBUGGIES cost 4,500 Baht per car for 1 hour and 7,000 per car for 2 hours. There is also a 3,000 Baht refundable deposit.
- -ATV:For a 1 hour trip, a single seat ATV costs 2,000 Baht and a double seat costs 3,200 Baht. 30 and 15 minute tracks range in price from 800 Baht to 1,900 Baht. There is a 3,000 refundable deposit needed as well.
- Trail Bikes: Take a motorbike tour into the jungles of Chiang Mai to view the countryside and hill tribes on terrain that best suits your abilities. Kawasaki bikes are used and guests are allowed to try them out to determine skill level before choosing a route.
- Prices: A 1 hour trip costs 2,500 Baht per rider and a 2 hour trip costs 4,000 Baht per rider.
- Go Karts: These drifter go-karts function on an indoor track that allows them to slip, slide and drift around corners with ease. It is perfect for racing and just zipping around the course if you choose. This activity is perfectly suitable for children aged 9 and over so it makes for a great family day out.
- Prices: A single seat cart costs 800 Baht for 10 minutes and a double seat cart costs 1,000 Baht for 10 minutes.
- Xorb Balls: Get inside one of these inflatable balls either alone or with a friend for a good laugh. While fastened securely inside the ball, you will roll at speed through the track and even have the chance to roll on top of water.
Price: 600 Baht for one person on the dry course and 800 Baht for the wet course.
- Paintball: Bring 1 or a group of friends and get ready to battle on this strategically designed course. You will be given all of the gear you need and a choice to either target practice or have a full on paintball war.
- Price: 800 Baht for protective gear, gun and 100 paintballs. An extra 50 balls costs an additional 250 Baht. Just access to the target range will cost 300 Baht, including 50 paint balls and a gun.
For those looking to add one of these activities to their vacation, the X Center does not require bookings. However, booking in advance can be beneficial so that the staff can accommodate any of your special needs. If you would like to book in advance, you can do so on their website or reach them by phone at 053-297700 or 08-78336655.
The X Center offers a free pickup service from hotels which leaves at 9:30 am and 1:00 pm. Taxis can be taken but the cost is typically around 400 Baht.Visitors can take their own transportation to X Center by traveling down highway 1096 which is off of route 107 (the Chiang Mai to Pai route.) Just look for the large X Center sign when you’ve gotten around 25 minutes away from the city center. The office opens at 8:00am.